Monday, August 6, 2007

August 4, 2007 HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!

Saturday was my dad's birthday. He would had been turning 60 years old. This picture was taken at Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga, Tennessee.
My dad loved to canoe! When I was a little girl, we would go camping every weekend. Where ever there was a canoe race we were there! My dad raced with his brother, my Uncle Jack. They were very well known because they were hard to beat! They even won the National Championships!!
My dad also loved to hike up to the top of high mountains. When we lived in the Adirondacs of New York we were always looking for new mountains to hike up. My dad was a very athletic person. Always the first up the mountain, first in canoe racing, and was a pretty good jogger too.
This is a picture of my dad and one of my brothers Danny. This picture was taken in Florida. As my brothers got older they continued to race canoes for a little while. They even got my husband Richard to race one time in Kissimmee. I think if my dad was still here with us ,his 60th birthday would be like turning 50 years old. Because my dad didn't know what getting old was like. He was truely a kid at heart and in fitness. Ask my kids, they couldn't keep up with him on rollerblades or on bike trips! =] So, here's to you dad....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You are forever young now! We love and miss you very much!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: